A marketing funnel that is used properly will increase the conversion rate on your site. This is because you are guiding the potential customers down a path of information making the lead more comfortable and confident in your product.
The Sales Funnel process is great not only for the person selling the product, but also for the customer who is purchasing the product as well. .
The 3 People in Your Sales Funnel:
- Prospects: This is a person on that thing we like to call the World Wide Web finding out that your business exists! Here is 3 ways that this can be achieved:
- Social Media
- Paid Advertising
- Search Engine
This person is now aware that your business or product is available to them if they so choose to use it!
- Leads: This is where the prospects continue to engage and communicate with your company. At this time no purchase has been made by the prospects.
To ensure that these prospects continue to consider your product for purchase make sure to engage back with them. Whether this is by email or comments on your site, or through forum, make sure that you stay present and actively communicate back with these leads. This is how to turn a lead into a customer!
- Customers: This is where the lead feels they have been informed enough and are comfortable to make that purchase online. You want your new customer to immediately receive what they have purchased, and let them know that you thank them for their business.
After the customer has purchased your product DON’T STOP ENGAGING WITH THEM! Keep them informed and in the loop through emails, social media, webinars, and podcast. Let the customer know that you value their business!
So, how do we create that great sales funnel that is going to usher in new customers and give us a higher conversion rate? Well, here are some helpful tips on just that!
The 2 Primary Components Of a Sales Funnel:
- Authority: Build your authority through the content that you post on your site. More on that in the blogging section of this article.
- Trust: Your content can also help you build your trust with your leads. Remember to continually engage with your leads through email marketing to really gain that trust. Develop a system for continual engagement (examples: webinars, newsletters, blab, ect..)
Building that Authority and Trust for your Sales Funnel:
This is where you can not only give the customer useful information through content, but you can also give the customer a sense of who you are. We want to make purchases from people that we know.
Whether that be big businesses with trusted brands, or a mom and pop shops that we have grown fond of over the years.
Blogging can give you a real authority on the products or services that you are trying to sale. I know that when I go out to buy pizza, I’m not just going to buy it off some guy on the street with a pizza box in his hands.
I want to get to know the guy and what he is about before I purchase a piece of pizza from an unknown source. Blogging is a way for your prospects to get to know who you are and what you are about.
It is here where they will get to know the real you. This is a fantastic place to start your Sales Funnel, or keep leads engaged in your product.
Always have a well-constructed landing page for the journey through your Sales Funnel. A landing page has to be informative, simple, and easy to proceed to the next step through a CTA (Call-To-Action).
Don’t market solely with your landing page, you run the risk of looking like spam!
Instead develop a “selly-sell” page as I like to call it. With a “selly-sell” page you can give all the information about your product and/or services.
Then put a CTA to your landing page within the “selly-sell” page.
This technique is more informative, and you don’t run the risk of looking like spam.
Another option is to create a blog with quality content and then put a CTA to your landing page inside your blog post.
That way people gain value from your post when you market it on social media or through your email marketing campaign and are directed to your landing page through their own choosing.
People like to have control over their choices so the best thing you can do is just inform and guide!
FREE! FREE! GET IT HERE!
Did that get your attention! Well it will get the attention of your prospects and leads too. People want free things, and why not! We all want something for free.
So why not make your customers feel valued by receiving some of your products, or services for free. Some of the things that you can offer for free are:
- Time trials with your product
- YouTube videos
- Guest interviews
- More information on Products and Services
- Email notifications of latest product developments
- Enlistment into communities
So don’t be stingy, share your products and services with your prospects and leads. By doing this you will find that those prospects and leads are more likely to make the conversion into a paying customer!
If I’m approached by the same man on the street and he wants to give me a FREE piece of pizza, I would be more willing to try a bit.
If I liked it, he has then earned my trust and I will purchase a piece of pizza from him. Same goes for your online business!
Earn that trust from your prospects and leads and you will have happy customers!Free Training Videos and eBook