When you are looking at how to write blog posts there are a few things that you should consider doing. You should consider what topic you are going to be writing about and ask yourself the question, “Am I knowledgeable about the subject that I am writing about?”
This is a very important question when you are learning how to write blog posts. This question (if you answer yourself honestly) will help you not only create better content within your blog posts, but it will also make content creation a whole lot easier.
Many beginner bloggers jump into topics and subjects that they are really not knowledgeable about. Then they turn around and ask “Why am I not getting any traffic to my website?” The answer there is simple.
They did not learn the key fundamentals on how to write blog posts. This article will go over some of these fundamentals and the way that you should be creating your blog posts.
How to Write Blog Posts | Proper Formatting
When you are learning how to write blog posts there is a couple of things that you have to understand.
- People DON”T read: That is right! When we are on the internet we tend to become very A.D.D! We will bounce from one article to the next without a second thought.
Fact is about 80% of people online only scan written content. This is why it is important to break up your content by adding number lines and bulletin points and of course headings.
- Learn how to preform proper SEO (search engine opimization): I actually have FREE TRAINING videos that teaches this very thing. I also have an eBook that helps with learning the basics of SEO. You can find both by clicking this link: Click Here
When it comes to properly formatting your blog post you should always think of the user and not search engines. Yes, there is some SEO basics that you need to understand, but your main concern should always be for the user. Some ways to write for the user and not for search engines is:
- Don’t sprinkle keywords in where they don’t fit. This is what Semantic Indexing is for.
- Make your content easy to scan through. We are very A.D.D online and content that is easy to scan keeps readers engaged longer.
- Use Media in your content! Adding Images and Videos makes your content much more enjoyable to read.
- Be knowledgeable about your subject, WRITE IT LIKE YOU OWN IT!
- Write like you talk! When you talk to someone you are engaging with them on a personal level. Let your personality come out in your writings.
- KEEP adding new content to your website and blog. NOT ALL CONTENT HAS TO BE WRITTEN EITHER!
I think that last line really rings a lot of truth when it comes to writing a blog post or creating content in general. The reason for this is that you don’t want all your content to be written. As I stated before, people do not like to read. When you are starting to learn how to write blog posts use things like:
This stuff can really bring your blog to life. Now I know that it is hard for some people to get in front of that camera. Well if I am going to be completely honest, it was hard for me as well.
But I was determined and practiced in front of that camera till I got good. I will tell you the secret to getting in front of the camera. Pretend that you are talking to your friend and not a camera or the people behind the camera. It makes it a whole lot less intimidating!
Now for the actual formatting of the blog. Here is 4 simple rules to follow when creating a blog post:
- Have an image at the top of your blog post. Also have an image somewhere in the blog post itself with your written content hugged around it. This is very appealing to your readers and to search engines.
- Plug a video into your blog post. Most people only spend 8-15 seconds on a website. By adding a video you can increase your time on site to 1 minute or more! Very important to use video. Plug your video in after your meta description or close to the top of your post.
- Break your content up. Don’t use more then 2-3 line paragraphs. It makes it easier to read on the eyes.
- Create a title that makes sense.
That is how to format a blog post. By doing these simple things you can really become more appealing not only to the reader, but to search engines as well!
How to Write Blog Posts | The Techie Side of Things
People always wonder what is the best route on how to write blog posts when it comes to choosing a platform to write on.
But I am here to tell you that if you want your blog to be successful you are going to have to invest a little money.
Not much, but there is some requirements for blogs to be successful.
One of the biggest requirements is to purchase a domain name.
Yes, go out there and purchase a domain name! DON’T use free sites that provide a domain name.
Example: yoursite/wordpress.org This is not only bad SEO, but people do not trust these sites.
You need to purchase a real domain name.
I suggest you purchase your domain name for a span of at least 5 years. This shows the search engines that you are in it for the long haul. VERY good for SEO.
With the purchase of a domain name you need get hosting. Think of it like this. Purchasing a domain name is like buying a house. You now have your plot of land in the internet world.
Now you need to turn on the power to that house. That is what hosting does. It makes your website come alive. The best place that I have found for domain names is Luckyregister.com. I find that they have the most reasonably priced domains out there.
The best place by far that I have found for hosting is HostGator. I recommend these guys for your hosting services based on price and customer service. These guys are the best when it comes to customer service hands down!
After that you should choose your CMS (content management system). I suggest that you now use WordPress as your CMS. This is not the yoursite/wordpress.org but just yoursite.com.
HostGator makes setting up your WordPress very simple. After that you are good to go. So now you have an idea of how to write blog posts.
Remember, I offer free training so you can get the best possible start right out the gate. Happy blogging!Free Training Videos and eBook